Warehouse and Materials Manager
This position is responsible for all internal logistics related to raw materials, in-process materials, and finished products. This includes the warehousing, inventory, staging, disposition, and shipping activities related to the aforementioned materials. This position is responsible for day-to-day activities and supervision of the materials handlers and shipping personnel. This critical role will be responsible for ensuring material readiness to meet the production schedule.
This position is also responsible for effectively organizing and managing the necessary production MRO (maintenance, repair, and operating) consumables and supplies.
Positions supervised include Material Handlers (Materials Control Specialists), Shipping
Ensure materials released at LTS are properly managed through LTS policies and procedures. Primary focus is on pre-production material logistics to ensure the production schedule remains on track. Achieving this will include:
- Ensuring the readiness and timely staging of required BOM (Bill of Materials) and MRO materials to meet the production schedule. This includes the necessary dies, tooling, consumables, etc
- Management of material warehousing and inventory. This includes:
Maintaining an organized and clean warehouse.
Disposing of expired materials.
Ensuring warehouse policies and procedures are compliant with industry regulations and expectations.
Maintaining an accurate material inventory in LTS ERP system.
- Collaboration with QA and Laboratory teams to ensure timely inspection, testing, and release of materials to meet the production schedule.
- Proficiency in using the LTS ERP system.
- Understanding of LTS operational processes, and pharmaceutical industry standards and regulations on materials and warehousing.
- Collaboration with cross functional teams such as Project Management, Purchasing, and Production to understand timelines, critical path materials, and risk remediation strategies.
- Reserving materials to work orders, as necessary.
Manage and maintain an organized system for tracking and issuing production MRO supplies. This includes implementing a system to record the usage history on production dies and tooling, as necessary. Sending out tools and dies for repairs, as necessary. Maintaining an organized and accurate inventory on production tooling and dies.
Responsible for ensuring finished product is shipped in a timely manner once it has been released. This includes using appropriate metrics to gauge on time delivery and performance.
Supervision of material handlers on all shifts.
- Provide performance feedback and reviews. Review and approves time sheets.
- Provide clear direction to team on staging, shipping, and activities.
- Ensure quality and safety policies are being followed and enforced.
- Using appropriate KPI’s to measure team performance.
Champion LTS’ Key Behaviors of Teamwork, Customer Orientation, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, and Leadership to ensure the organization’s effectiveness and success.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years’ experience in a production setting, preferably pharmaceuticals.
- Associates degree with 3-10 years’ experience in a production setting, preferably pharmaceuticals.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Warehousing and supervision experience.
- Must understand GMP and pharmaceutical industry standards regarding material handling and storage.
- Understanding of FIFO inventory management concepts.
- Strong communication skills and ability to provide clear direction.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Proactive participant in a team environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in verbal and written form, with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledge on warehousing and inventory management systems.
- Knowledge of business ERP systems.
The above job description does not constitute a contract of employment, and LTS may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.